Editors and reviewers’ participation in peer-review process contributes to establishing and maintaining the standards of technical and professional quality of all contributions to our journal, which is key to its success and reputation. CSCanada operates a group of scholarly journals covering the natural sciences, social sciences, political science, etc. We sincerely invite you to join us as an editorial board member.
CSCanada is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
The self-enthusiastic and qualified persons are highly encouraged to join the editorial boards of journals at CSCanada. CSCanada operates a group of scholarly journals covering the natural sciences, social sciences, political science, etc. The editorial board welcomes you to join us as an editor/ chief editor/ reviewer.
Canadian Research & Development Center of Sciences and Cultures’ headquarter is located in Montreal, Canada. It is registered in Quebec and is committed to scientific research and spreading sound eastern and western cultures and values. The center is now dedicated to book editing and publishing, journal publishing, translation and other related academic research work.
We run many journals at the same time, e.g. the Canadian Social Science (ISSN 1712-8056 [Print] ISSN 1923-6697 [Online]) is an English and French language journal published by the Canadian Academy of Oriental and Occidental Culture that covers a wide range of disciplines in Humanities and Social Sciences, which is published on a Bimonthly basis since 2005.
Canadian Social Science is filed by Library and Archives Canada, and is collected by database AMICUS of Canada. It is also indexed by ProQuest LIC, Gale, Ulrich (U.S.), DOAJ (Sweden), CNKI (China), Open Access (Germany), etc.
A Ph.D in a scientific discipline is required. Preferred if he/she is a professor or vice-professor.
1) Professional experience in editorial work and publishing of peer-reviewed journals.
2) Experiences in scientific writing, with at least three first author scientific publications.
3) Supervision of staff and teaching experience would be advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The writer/editor shall report to the Chief Academic Editor (CAE) and President at CS-Canada. Task/project managers will likely differ from task to task. The main areas of work are as described below:
Editing of manuscripts of papers, articles, theses, etc.:
1) Draft and/or edit manuscripts to ensure clarity, consistency and readability of the text for the intended audience;
2) Under the guidance of the Chief Academic Editor to assemble all chapters/sections; suggesting re-writing as necessary, adding/editing boxes of interest, tables and charts bringing the manuscript to full completion including all necessary components (table of contents, foreword, preface, introduction, bibliography, tables, annexes, boxes, etc.), depending on the requirements and the tasks set in the Terms of Reference;
3) Point out factual inconsistencies, inconsistencies in arguments, political nuances, faulty logic, and awkward or unclear passages and suggest solutions;
4) Ensure all references are in order, requesting source information for tables and figures when such information is missing;
5) Ensure timely incorporation of feedback received from internal and external peer reviewers into draft manuscripts;
6) As appropriate, work closely with the consultant graphic designer to develop ideas for infographics, charts and images that creatively convey key messages/data in the manuscript;
7) Proof-read final texts as laid out by designer to ensure text and associated graphics are error free.
8) Creative writing targeting external audiences and the media:
9) Summarize, draft and edit succinct communications pieces in close cooperation with Chief Academic Editor and President of CSCanada;
Good IT skills, including confidence with web-based applications, and basic knowledge of HTML, as well as video and photo editing and design software.
Required Skills and Experience
Excellent command in written and spoken English is essential.
Voluntary, no payment.
Articles/books/reports of the Editor will be prioritized to be published at CSCanada.
Name of the Editor will be listed on the top of the Editorial Board at our website, or printed version of articles/books/reports.
Offer Documents will be offered, Honor Certificates/badges, Recommendation or Endorsement letters will be provided to excellent performers when requested as editors.
If you are interested in this job and are keen to take up the challenge, you are welcome to send your applications to email@example.com, we look forward to hear from you on or before 25 August 2015;
Applicants must submit a proposal, including:
The selection of the Individual Editors will be evaluated based on the following: